Username:    Password:    Remember me     
Forums
Padfone Club :: Forums :: New Padfone Infinity Forums :: New Padfone Infinity General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Cracked Screen replacement
Go to page  1 [2] 3
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
renz
Fri Jul 18 2014, 05:54PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1553
thanks for the tip, always thought it was impossible.

I would love to try a swap off my A86 screen with my A80 retired one my eyes tend to prefer, but i never find a proper tutorial on the entire web to try this myself.
Then I wonder if pfi screen on npfi hardware would support ROOTDIM, this app can really stealh lcd on npfi, lower luminosity to lowest than allowed that reveals usefull in bed, at the cinema or on the field. Didnt really notice it saves battery th.
Npfi minimum system settings gives 17 on rootdim, that can push it down to 2 ( be carefull 1 shuts it off
For info max gives 250 but no way to get it brighter even if you seem to push 255.

[ Edited Sat Jul 19 2014, 12:03AM ]
dinobot
Sun Jul 27 2014, 08:25PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2906
Hi, I recently broke the bottom section of the screen on my NPFI. The crack was across the back key, home key and menu/multitask capacitive buttons, which left them non responsive. This makes the PadFone almost impossible to use.
I had changed the digitizer and screen on my old Samsung Galaxy S2, but this was quite easy to take apart, and there is a very good tair- down video on YouTube that I watched about 10 times before attempting to fix the phone.
I was less confident about doing this myself with th NPFI as there is no obvious way into it, no tair-down videos that I could find and it's not that easy to get the parts as mentioned in this forum.
I contacted Asus UK, who then got me to fill out an RMA form.
I had to send the phone to Asus Holland to get it assessed and fixed. This cost 220euro! Quite a lot I thought as I hadn't broken the digitizer, just the glass.
The unit was sent back in about 10-14 days with the touch screen completely fixed, but unfortunately the camera does not focus properly now.
I contacted Asus UK again, who then contacted the repair center at Asus Holland. They have told me as it was an out of warranty repair they will not cover it, but I can send it back for another paid-for repair. That wasn't what I wanted to hear. I'm now trying to find the info and parts to fix it myself!
DINOBOT.
1 User said Thanks to dinobot for this post :
 Nerox (23 Oct : 12:49)
danielchuah
Wed Aug 27 2014, 04:13AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2581
Neo wrote ...

2 months ago I broke my New Padfone Infinity A86 screen. So I needed a replacement. I went to an unofficial phone repair service and they changed my Lcd+Digitizer (They called it "Modul")...

2 days ago, again my phone dropped from a very short distance to ground and got broken. This time I opened casing and checked the screen. It was exactly same as A80 screen.

I went online and bought a new A80 screen replacement modul (led+digitizer)... It cost for me 100USD... Then I bringed my phone to a little phone service. Guys changed my screen and that's all. It again works great...

As a result, A80 screen is same with A86 screen.

In the attachment, you can see photo of my broken A86 screen and connections. Then , compare it on internet with A80 screen replacement photos. You will see, they are exactly same...

Note: It looks rather complicated to change screen by yourself at home. I advice to bring it to a phone service..

Bro u broke the touch panel or the LCD screen or both?
kingleviathan
Mon Sep 08 2014, 09:15AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2476
I created this topic as I was having problem getting my LCD+Digitizer repaired.

Don't laugh but I've basically been using the Pad as my phone ever since cause i wasnt' ready to buy a new phone and didn't want t pay for through the roof for the repairs.

This topic excited me. If I am reading it correctly...if I can get my hands on an A80 LCD and Digitizer it should work just fine even though the connectors are different?

Eagerly continue following this discussion. Hopefully my understanding prooves correct
Jammer
Sun Sep 14 2014, 09:10AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2213
I found a contact on fix my phone.com .
Would you state if your fixing the phone or the station .
If your fixing you padrone station the screws to dismantle it are behind the back panel where you slide the phone in its only a stick on .
kingleviathan
Tue Sep 16 2014, 04:27PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2476
No, Its Phone not Station im afraid
kingleviathan
Sun Oct 12 2014, 06:42AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2476
I found two places that claim to sell the LCD-Digitizer for A86 padfone...thought anyone? it about 75% more than the LCD-Dgitizer for the A80 but no one will definately confirm that the A80 screen is compatible

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-Original-For-Asus-Padfone-Infinity-A86-LCD-WITH-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Replacement-Assembly-With-Free/2052889381.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-FOR-ASUS-Padfone-Infinity-A86-Lcd-screen-display-with-Touch-panel-digitizer-Free-shipping/2028061946.html

troubadour
Mon Oct 13 2014, 03:09PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
If the screen is the same as the PFI A80, I just bought this one from AliExpress (price is cheaper, and it looks the more legit to me, as the position of the ASUS logo is exactly the same as the original, usually on fake screens it is located at the top of the screen)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-LCD-Digitizer-FOR-ASUS-PadFone-3-Infinity-A80-Smartphone-LCD-display-touch-screen-digitizer/1989090405.html

Here is the topic about the screen replacement on a A80 Padfone, with pictures I took for the disassembly :

http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?12923.0#post_15706

[ Edited Mon Oct 13 2014, 03:10PM ]
kingleviathan
Tue Oct 14 2014, 12:56AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2476
Thanks Troubadour

It would be great if I could use the A80 screen instead of the A86 screen because it is cheaper BUT no one can confirm the A80 screen is a suitable replacement...We know for certain that they have different connectors...That however doesn't rule out the possibility that you can still use the A80 screen.

If you read through this whole thread you will see this has already been discussed without any conclusion but in another post

http://padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?15164.15

You will see someone order the A80 screen and made a comment about it being fabricated incorrectly...It hard to know what he means but i assume it refers to connectivity..
Demelza
Tue Oct 14 2014, 10:14AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2177
http://padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?13617.0#post_14810

A80 screen is compatible with A86. Someone on here already did it successfully.
kingleviathan
Wed Oct 22 2014, 04:39AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2476
Thanks Demelza but Warogth looks to have tried the same following your conversation in a different forum and had issues? see quote below

Which is why it would be good to have some confirm beyond doubt the A80. Unfortunately Anton has not updated us since.

[quote]
So! Here we go again.
I now recieved the item I linked above.
I just wonder if the mystic missing piece is crucial or not.
The one metal piece in the red circle.

Message was editted at 08:09PM:

Just put the metal piece from the old one to the new one.
Sadly the screen was fabricated wrong from start and I need to send it back and get a new one.
The story continues.

//Anton
Nerox
Thu Oct 23 2014, 12:48PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #3050
So, how do you open the NPFI?
peppolos
Sun Dec 14 2014, 04:30PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #3168
I found this video showing how to open the NPFI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSuTIOa89sU

I noticed that as in the picture from the post above, in the video the screen at the end has got an additional piece on the backside (the one with metal pieces in Anton's post). The screen replacement sold in Aliexpress (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-Original-For-Asus-Padfone-Infinity-A86-LCD-WITH-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Replacement-Assembly-With-Free/2052889381.html) looks just plain, as if that piece is missing.

Do you think that something is missing?

I apologise if it is a very stupid point, I am not techy at all. Thanks!

peppolos
LittleScratch
Sun Feb 22 2015, 04:14PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2604
Just busted up my screen. Read through the post and getting mixed answers. Does the A80 screen work with the A86?

Thanks
renz
Sun Feb 22 2015, 05:33PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1553
the screen itself does, connections are the same. some lol report the touch menu buttons don't light anymore but i didn't experience that. but "craddles" are not compatible bc 3 screws are not in the same place. I didn't manage to take the screen/touch Screen Digitizer apart from the Frame, but i guess it's just stuck on it. heating it should be ok.good luck!
Go to page  1 [2] 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF