My Padfone History - The Crying and the Laughing
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
moonseppel
Wed May 14 2014, 06:47PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2773
Hi,

I know there propably might be some threads out there that will help me with my issues, but my primary goal isn't looking for help, but shairing my story and seeing if it's an exception or the rule, though if there's help I won't reject it. But all the different things I experience will be hard to google.

I bought my first Padfone about 1,5 years ago and it was also THE first Padfone, edition 1. It was a rela joy to use it. Having a regualr phone in our pocket and a tablet on the train or at home. Absolutely great concept, I still totally love it, helps reading news, tiping blog articles and a lot more. But after some months it started behaving strangely. I can't recall what it all was, but it was quite a list of minor annoyances that, all summed up, started impeding my joy of use. So I contacted Asus support.

From here it seems like it all went downward. The Asus support was a rela pain in the ass (the German one at least), but I guess that's already common knowledge. I had all sorts of problems starting with getting the mail with the packaging instructions and continuing by feeding my problems to the support guys, who were all but helpful, didn't get what I wanted from them, and weren't able to tell me what actually will be repaired, and ending with mot getting clear messages from the support in what state my requests were. Finally I had to send in my Padfone twice and msot of the issues didn't get repaired and it took me over three months to get that done. Among the issues were things like not being able to install downloaded firmware updates, an awful slow Padfone crashes, and other things I can't remember.

Still, I loved the concept and was able to return my Padfone to Amazon for a full refund, so I decided to give the Padfone 2 another try as the Infinity seemd much to expensive in comparison. So I ordered it this year february. The Padfone 2 I got quickly did have some problems, so used Amazons 30 day guarantee and got it replaced. The second one did work better. I bought a pretty neat setup with a tablet cover, bt headset, mouse and keyboard and especially with the new MS Remote Desktop it almost like having a ultra-portable pc and I can easily do some software development in the sun. So I'm still very happy with the Padfone concept and I don't wanna miss it. the weeks before getting the Padfone 2 when I had to use my Galaxy S4 from work as a main phone were a pain in the ass.

But still, my Padfone 2 now starts to show bugs and stuff. Sometimes the tablet doesn't respond when I shove in the phone, sometimes calls simply break off (and it's definitely the phone causing it, I did tests), sometimes various apps hang or even the OS (like the home button bar or the settings) hangs, then it sponataniously reboots (sometimes it does so when i pull it ut of my pocket, somtimes while using it), and here are other minor things.

So, I now have the third Padfone device, two of version 2, one of version 1. Doesn't seem like it's adn issue related to the devices themselves but to the Padfone itself or Asus not being able to serve a good quality as far as I can overlook it. Thus, do any of you have a similar experience with their Padfones? Is it related to the versions and maybe the Infinity doens't ahve it or a general thing?

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF