Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
Hirulen
Mon Jun 30 2014, 04:51PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2302
charly wrote ...

Hello all,

I would to avoid resetting my padphone, but the check for Framework system updates does give me a "No network connection. Internet connection is required (...)" warning while my connection works great (I tried using WI-Fi or Mobile data on 4G).
Any idea ?

Moreover, it seems the update is not really "official" for now, because it is not on the download website of the Asus support (http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=PadFone%202&os=32).

The same happened to me, and another person in this thread mentioned the same. Just a thought, perhaps the servers have been taken down in order to prepare the distribution of the new update. This is prob the case since i do have web for everything else.

In the end i installed manually, worked fine.
akukuman
Mon Jun 30 2014, 05:44PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2850
Hirulen wrote ...

charly wrote ...

Hello all,

I would to avoid resetting my padphone, but the check for Framework system updates does give me a "No network connection. Internet connection is required (...)" warning while my connection works great (I tried using WI-Fi or Mobile data on 4G).
Any idea ?

Moreover, it seems the update is not really "official" for now, because it is not on the download website of the Asus support (http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=PadFone%202&os=32).

The same happened to me, and another person in this thread mentioned the same. Just a thought, perhaps the servers have been taken down in order to prepare the distribution of the new update. This is prob the case since i do have web for everything else.

Can you help me where do you put the downloaded file into the phone folder? I've tried to put the unzipped file in my internal storage but nothing happened..
Hirulen
Mon Jun 30 2014, 06:01PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2302
akukuman wrote ...

Hirulen wrote ...

charly wrote ...

Hello all,

Any idea ?

Can you help me where do you put the downloaded file into the phone folder? I've tried to put the unzipped file in my internal storage but nothing happened..

You only need to unzip the file once, as the SOP says. When you have done this, the unzipped product will be a folder. It could be named several things, prob "ASUS" or "Update".

In my case the folder structure was:
"WWE_PadFone2_user_11_8_3_3_UpdateLauncher\ASUS\Update".

Find the folder named Update and copy/cut it into the folder that already exists in the root (Internal storage) on your phone named ASUS. Uplug the USB and you should be prompted to install the update after some seconds.

Ask again if anything i said was unclear.

[ Edited Mon Jun 30 2014, 06:02PM ]
2 User said Thanks to Hirulen for this post :
 akukuman (30 Jun : 18:25) , Harboe (02 Jul : 13:28)
akukuman
Mon Jun 30 2014, 06:24PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2850
Hirulen wrote ...

akukuman wrote ...

Hirulen wrote ...

charly wrote ...

Hello all,

Any idea ?

You only need to unzip the file once, as the SOP says. When you have done this, the unzipped product will be a folder. It could be named several things, prob "ASUS" or "Update".

In my case the folder structure was:
"WWE_PadFone2_user_11_8_3_3_UpdateLauncher\ASUS\Update".

Find the folder named Update and copy/cut it into the folder that already exists in the root (Internal storage) on your phone named ASUS. Uplug the USB and you should be prompted to install the update after some seconds.

Ask again if anything i said was unclear.

oh hey it works! thanks for your guidance! loving the new UI!
pyccu4
Mon Jun 30 2014, 07:20PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2851
Now we need a new root, because the framaroot doesn't work anymore.
macabrix
Mon Jun 30 2014, 08:50PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2852
My guerrilla rom 1.3 got stuck on asus logo
Lidenburg
Mon Jun 30 2014, 10:21PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #875
pyccu4 wrote ...

No we don't, the bootloader is unlocked, you can do whatever you want with it.

Flash a custom recovery and it will automatically root it for you.
stinson
Tue Jul 01 2014, 12:03AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #460
Hey guys...

Here is a tip from me:

When I uploaded the file in /ASUS folder, the phone didn't detect the update, so I rebooted. It detected it... I clicked install, the phone turned off and didn't turn back on. When I manually turned it on, nothing happened... it just booted in the old pf firmware.

So if you have this problem or something else... just shut off your phone... hold "Volume Down" + "Power Button" ... Choose "1." and go to "Apply Update from External Storage" ... find the XXXXXX.zip in the "ASUS" folder and apply from there.

So far it has worked...

UPDATE:
Oh... keep in mind that this update will wipe everything from your phone so backup your photos and etc. (not just my method... any method!)

[ Edited Tue Jul 01 2014, 01:46AM ]
1 User said Thanks to stinson for this post :
 charly (01 Jul : 06:48)
pyccu4
Tue Jul 01 2014, 04:36AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2851
Lidenburg wrote ...

pyccu4 wrote ...

I already installed custom recovery before, so I have to install it again to be rooted?

Bruk
Tue Jul 01 2014, 05:44AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #199
pyccu4 wrote ...

Lidenburg wrote ...

pyccu4 wrote ...

I already installed custom recovery before, so I have to install it again to be rooted?

I need now root, because Titanium Backup doesn't work without root. Framaroot doesn't work. Please help

Message was editted at 05:44AM:

Is there anybody, who find option how change background color? White color drains the battery
pyccu4
Tue Jul 01 2014, 05:45AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2851
Bruk wrote ...

pyccu4 wrote ...

Lidenburg wrote ...

pyccu4 wrote ...

I need now root, because Titanium Backup doesn't work without root. Framaroot doesn't work. Please help

Try to reinstall custom recovery, thats what I am going to try as soon I have some spare time.

Ok just tried to reinstall custom recovery, the process success but recovery did not installed. Try to use the unlocker from asus but it is force close. So unable to root the device. Any ideas?

[ Edited Tue Jul 01 2014, 06:17AM ]
hayato_k
Tue Jul 01 2014, 11:02AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #670
i just update my pf2.. i notice EVERY THINGS inside the phone include internal memory all wipe away... all my file in phone all gone... camera going back to 5mp

[ Edited Tue Jul 01 2014, 11:33AM ]
Lidenburg
Tue Jul 01 2014, 01:00PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #875
If you want to root the devices just flash CWM/TWRP and it will remove the files that asus added to reflash their stock recovery, and it will also root it for you.

You can download CWM here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ERGWwrBwR8ZnBMd2xVLXltbVk/edit?usp=sharing

[ Edited Tue Jul 01 2014, 01:03PM ]
JooPalmer
Tue Jul 01 2014, 01:47PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #495
I gave Geohot's Towelroot (XDA) a shot and it worked! You may need to install SuperSU (or equivalent) manually.
Also, upon installing Towelroot a warning will pop up saying that the app tries to exploit certain vulnerabilities in Android, or something along those lines. I just took the risk and proceeded to install, as it seems pretty obvious that a root app uses exploits. I also needed to reboot despite Towelroot telling me that was unnecessary.
Everything at your own risk of course.
2 User said Thanks to JooPalmer for this post :
 pyccu4 (01 Jul : 14:08) , Bruk (02 Jul : 05:37)
pyccu4
Tue Jul 01 2014, 02:10PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2851
JooPalmer wrote ...

I gave Geohot's Towelroot (XDA) a shot and it worked! You may need to install SuperSU (or equivalent) manually.
Also, upon installing Towelroot a warning will pop up saying that the app tries to

exploit certain vulnerabilities in Android, or something along those lines. I just took the risk and proceeded to install, as it seems pretty obvious that a root app uses exploits. I also needed to reboot despite Towelroot telling me that was unnecessary.
Everything at your own risk of course.

Thanks, it was the only thing to help, nothing else didn't help even not a recovery reinstall.
Go to page  1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF