Username:    Password:    Remember me     
Forums
Padfone Club :: Forums :: Padfone Infinity Forums :: Padfone Infinity General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
seriously...any news about the date of update?
Go to page  1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
Que
Wed Jul 02 2014, 12:10PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #683
according to this article, padfone 2 has its update rom announced. so it is coming for PFI, only we don't know when.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/asus-padfone-2s-android-44-kitkat-update-now-available-551153?site=classic
charly
Wed Jul 02 2014, 01:38PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #798
The update for padfone 2 is available since June 30... http://padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?14601

[ Edited Wed Jul 02 2014, 01:39PM ]
Demelza
Wed Jul 02 2014, 02:23PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2177
madcow wrote ...

Wow, you still believe them?

I never said I did. I just said that was the new delay they announced.
Demonaire
Fri Jul 04 2014, 08:09AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1856
Well 4 days past July, and more than 3 weeks to go...

Actually when I search the PF2 forum, I see that the update doesn't look as good as people expected... Scrolling lag, station charging slow, no more "floating widgets", lockscreen problem, ZenUI apps out of date.....

I start to wonder what exactly is the benefit of this update, in practical terms. Because at this juncture, the update already won't give us the "most up-to-date" experience. Or am I missing something here?
madcow
Sat Jul 12 2014, 07:23PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1363
I just don't trust Asus anymore
madcow
Mon Jul 28 2014, 07:34PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1363
Few more days left...
Jakezor
Tue Jul 29 2014, 10:29AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2899
is there any promised date for release? First it was just "end of july" then some1 forum talked about 30th day.. waiting for another release skipping news..
Demelza
Tue Jul 29 2014, 12:09PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2177
If they promised it for the end of july, you can be 99% sure they'll release it on the very last day, so if they respect they promise, it'll certainly be on July 31st.
Jakezor
Wed Jul 30 2014, 06:08AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2899
I dont understand Asus way to handle customers. IF they know that update is ready to release. How they dont know or info that day for us. Feels very empty or unsure promises without a proped release date. Are they just like "wake up and lets see what happens today, oh we should give updates for customers? Nah sorry dont feel like it today sorry!" (Sorry for bad english )
Kaamio
Wed Jul 30 2014, 06:22AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2800
Just give up. The update ain't coming... Just buy Nexus 5 like I did.You won't regret it! Allready running 4.4.4
Allthough gotta admit that I miss that certain "luxury" of the padfone infinity...
Demelza
Wed Jul 30 2014, 10:30AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2177
If I had to buy another phone, the Nexus 5 would be my very last choice... Sure, it has updates, but I would lose nearly everywhere else compared to my PFI.

Battery life is worse, build quality is worse, camera is worse, it has softkeys (which I hate), the speaker is less good, etc. I think I can sacrifice updates to have a better piece of hardware.

And for the price of the Nexus 5 we can also have the LG G2 which is way better. Not to speak about the Xperia Z1 which is great too.

But well, my next phone is very likely to be the ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini. It's as good as the latest flagships and costs less than 230€, express shipping included.

[ Edited Wed Jul 30 2014, 10:30AM ]
bl0wf1sh
Wed Jul 30 2014, 12:11PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1638
You will only be free when you realize the truth: there is no update.

I have already given up on Asus for phones now. No update since September - not even a security patch or performance patch or whatever! I think they just do not care if customers buy another phone from them or now...

Well this certainly was my last Asus phone, unless they seriously improve their update policy and customer handling. I loved the PI as long as it lasted, and still find the tablet part cool. But my next phone will be with a company that takes their customers a little more seriously.

I think my next one will be LG G3. It is a pretty cool phone, running the latest and greatest (for now), and the bigger manufacturers have at least improved their update policy recently. Plus, I should get it on contract renewal with minimal investment. Demelza, I think you are a bit behind there with the model numbers - Sony as well has already brought out the Z2, which is quite good, but apparently the display is not readable in sunlight, which is a bit of an issue for me (living close to the equator, there is plenty of sunlight here).
jnkstudios
Wed Jul 30 2014, 12:33PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2062
I was with a S3 before this phone, and it took them more than 1 year to get the update for that out (ICS to JB). You have to understand, Asus did not have a custom skin on their phones up until now. So they literally had to make this thing from the ground up and I understand that. I will wait for the update (the 1 day that is left) and judge it on its merits. If it is what it seems, which is a very close to stock skin with what looks like material design style details, then I will stick with Asus. If you get a nexus phone, you will have the quick updates but lets be honest, you won't have an inexpensive 10 inch tablet or a free LTE one for that matter. Updates are great if they add anything to your experience, but up until KitKat, they were largely useless (4.2 and 4.3 didn't have much that would benefit us). Even 4.4 was for more low resource phones. Now Android L is what will change the game and therefore, that one can be a deal breaker.

I really do not want a half hearted update and if they want to test this to make it perfect, then so be it. Being a developer myself, I know how long it takes and how much effort it takes. They delivered a new update regularly before this intended jump and if they resume that level of care after, I will be more than happy to support them.
Demelza
Wed Jul 30 2014, 05:35PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2177
bl0wf1sh wrote ...

Demelza, I think you are a bit behind there with the model numbers - Sony as well has already brought out the Z2

Nope, I'm not.

Kaamio was talking of the Nexus 5, which was released nearly 1 year ago. So I'm comparing it with the Z1 which is an equivalent.

I know the Z2 has been released, but let's be realistic: the Nexus 5 doesn't even stand a chance against the Z2, which is, to me, in the top-3 best devices ever released.
Highscream
Thu Jul 31 2014, 10:42AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2913
Message was editted at 08:42AM:

I've been harassing the french CM of Asus for a while. Finally, he told me that the TW version is coming today and the WW will be released mid-august...

[ Edited Thu Jul 31 2014, 11:26AM ]
Go to page  1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF