Go to page  1 [2] 3 4
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
Gandalf
Tue Nov 06 2012, 10:51PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #446
Another solution may be,
If you have first generation of PadFone, you can use Padfone Monitor Dock makes it possible to transformer your Padfone into a fully functional desktop computer.

Then connect a second monitor via HDMI, DVI or VGA.
CloneSt1ck
Tue Nov 06 2012, 10:59PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #441
Gandalf wrote ...

Another solution may be,
If you have first generation of PadFone, you can use Padfone Monitor Dock makes it possible to transformer your Padfone into a fully functional desktop computer.

I'm sorry but there seems to have been a missunderstanding here. Thank you so much for this post but what I want to acomplish here is to use my PadStation WITHOUT the PadFone as a secondary screen for my computer. Later on I'm hoping to maybe be able to use the touch also but that's far away in the future and it migjt even not work at all as well, but it's just thoughts. What I'm going to do now is to order the cable and adapter tomorrow from china and then I'll see what happends after that. But please, if you have any ideas please share so that we can all learn and interact. Still have in mind that I don't have a phone in my possesion since it has ben exchanged for mony as a result of problems when it were returned with warranty coverage.
ctys2ard
Wed Nov 07 2012, 06:58AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}

Registered Member #3
CloneSt1ck wrote ...

Gandalf wrote ...

Another solution may be,

I'm sorry but there seems to have been a missunderstanding here. Thank you so much for this post but what I want to acomplish here is to use my PadStation WITHOUT the PadFone as a secondary screen for my computer. Later on I'm hoping to maybe be able to use the touch also but that's far away in the future and it migjt even not work at all as well, but it's just thoughts. What I'm going to do now is to order the cable and adapter tomorrow from china and then I'll see what happends after that. But please, if you have any ideas please share so that we can all learn and interact. Still have in mind that I don't have a phone in my possesion since it has ben exchanged for mony as a result of problems when it were returned with warranty coverage.

it would be highly unlikely as there's only the 40-pin prop port on the Padstation. And that thing can't even mount properly as a USB device. I really doubt it can carry graphics.

Plus, any monitor u pick up on the street has a chip in it. Padstation itself is almost chipless. Not t be pessimistic, but yeah, do let us know if it works =)
Gandalf
Wed Nov 07 2012, 11:44AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #446
Using PadFone Station without a smartphone, is a denial of the idea for which was this wonderful hybrid invention. However, good luck. Write about the result later. All right.

Ide are beautiful, but their implementations are sometimes faulty.

[ Edited Wed Nov 07 2012, 11:47AM ]
CloneSt1ck
Wed Nov 07 2012, 12:54PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #441
ctys2ard wrote ...

CloneSt1ck wrote ...

Gandalf wrote ...

Another solution may be,

it would be highly unlikely as there's only the 40-pin prop port on the Padstation. And that thing can't even mount properly as a USB device. I really doubt it can carry graphics.

Plus, any monitor u pick up on the street has a chip in it. Padstation itself is almost chipless. Not t be pessimistic, but yeah, do let us know if it works =)

I meant the microUSB port which is originally meant for the PadFone. Since this port (in my theory) handles all other communication exept image between the PadFone and the Padstation the signal from the touchpanel on the Padstation probably takes this way too. That means that if you have some kind of driver installed on the connected computer, you should be able to use this as an input source.

To Gandalf: As I said before I had to send the PadFone back to the store due to some problems. It then took so lonh time for me to get the phone back so that I got my money back. At this point the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 where soon to be released in sweden so I choosed to buy that one instead which mead to that I now have a Padstation and not a PadFone
ctys2ard
Wed Nov 07 2012, 01:41PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}

Registered Member #3
CloneSt1ck wrote ...

ctys2ard wrote ...

CloneSt1ck wrote ...

Gandalf wrote ...

Another solution may be,

I meant the microUSB port which is originally meant for the PadFone. Since this port (in my theory) handles all other communication exept image between the PadFone and the Padstation the signal from the touchpanel on the Padstation probably takes this way too. That means that if you have some kind of driver installed on the connected computer, you should be able to use this as an input source.

To Gandalf: As I said before I had to send the PadFone back to the store due to some problems. It then took so lonh time for me to get the phone back so that I got my money back. At this point the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 where soon to be released in sweden so I choosed to buy that one instead which mead to that I now have a Padstation and not a PadFone

oh right. if that's what u meant, perhaps it might work. let us know the results.
CloneSt1ck
Sat Nov 10 2012, 09:10AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #441
Thought I could do an FYI for you guys: The cable and the adapter for the HDMI connection are on their way from china. Unfortinately the shipping time from China to Sweden aren't quite that quick but hopefully I'll recive the items within two weeks from now.
1 User said Thanks to CloneSt1ck for this post :
 SparkyRih (10 Nov : 17:50)
oroo708
Sat Nov 10 2012, 03:35PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #9
do keep us update with your story~ if it work, i also want a 2nd screen with touch for my laptop
SparkyRih
Sat Nov 10 2012, 05:51PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
Nice... I'm looking forward to the result...
tulli0
Mon Nov 12 2012, 12:05PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #425
I tryed to connect my Padfone station to a pc, i used ad adapter micro HDMI female to HDMI male but i can't see anything on my station... i tryed to pushed the contact on the bay for the phone and turn on and off a lot of time the station , for a second a desktop image is appeared but it's the only signal that i have obtained... I will try now with a HDMI cable to my pc and a usb cable to my phone.... i think that the station search the device and if don't match it don't output any image

Message was editted at 12:05PM:

Try try try try... it's the only way to find it!!!
CloneSt1ck
Mon Nov 12 2012, 01:35PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #441
tulli0 wrote ...

I tryed to connect my Padfone station to a pc, i used ad adapter micro HDMI female to HDMI male but i can't see anything on my station... i tryed to pushed the contact on the bay for the phone and turn on and off a lot of time the station , for a second a desktop image is appeared but it's the only signal that i have obtained... I will try now with a HDMI cable to my pc and a usb cable to my phone.... i think that the station search the device and if don't match it don't output any image

Message was editted at 12:05PM:

Try try try try... it's the only way to find it!!!

Well, this made it all much more interesting imo. If this is like you said, perhaps either the software inside the pad needs some modification or perhaps it's easy enough just to have the "phone-reserved" USB port on the pad connected to a computer (since I through your post didn't feel that you've tried this, or am I wrong?)

FYI, my cable and adapter are somewhere in China and I've no previous experince with the transport companies there before so we'll se how far the package have got at the end of the week. I've also recently installed the Android SDK and downloaded the sourcecode for the PadFone ROM, hopefully I'll be able to at least track the drivers down for the padstation so that they'll work inside an Android environment.
1 User said Thanks to CloneSt1ck for this post :
 dadjone (12 Nov : 13:50)
tulli0
Tue Nov 13 2012, 04:31PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #425
This evening i try to connect my Efika with HDMI cable and Padfone with usb..... if i see something i post it....
CloneSt1ck
Tue Nov 27 2012, 06:55PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #441
Hi everybody!
I've now received my cables but just like some persons have allready been telling I don't get any picture.
But I don't feel for giving up yet so now I've got two options:
1. Try to see if I might be able to adjust the software inside the tablet so that it'll accept only HDMI connection.
2. Look over the issue on the hardware side and see if something can be made to connect the HDMI directly to the screen.

If anybody has got any info that could help me do either, I'd really appreciate it.
SparkyRih
Tue Nov 27 2012, 07:29PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
I don't think a hardware fix can sovle this... I think you will mess up the Padfone docking if you can get it to work...
oroo708
Wed Nov 28 2012, 12:27AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #9
the only one I can think right now who can help is AdamOutler from xda. or maybe someone else who have knowledge in electronic and computer enginering.
1 User said Thanks to oroo708 for this post :
 CloneSt1ck (29 Nov : 23:24)
Go to page  1 [2] 3 4  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF