Go to page  1 2 3 ... 16 17 [18]
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
tedbacc
Sat Nov 02 2013, 11:50AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2207
gilani7 wrote ...

Does the new padfone infinity use the same USB connector as the padfone 2?

Nope, uses standard Microusb connector.

Also nice + is you can store your movies on OTG PQI Connect 32gb stick which it tiny, has microusb on one side and regular usb on other. Awesome, had to buy 2

Message was editted at 11:50AM:

MSIOCGenie wrote ...

I just got my Infinity, I think I'm in love

Me tooooo!!!

Practically speaking:
Cannot complain as I bought the PFI with tablet in excellent condition for 300GBP, reason was previous owner broke SIM tray by forcing thick cut-down regular SIM into it, and then broke inside connections by trying to get it out with forceps

Figured it would make nice upgrade for my PF2 that I've had for a year... so no panic about time getting it fixed. (I do understand the frustration of those folks who only have one phone and it fails. But then, you should either keep an old phone as a backup or just buy a Nokitabout with no smarts at all. )

Sent to Asus NL for repair. Entire return and repair process was botched, but they did offer to fix it for free because of the delays. Nice of them, I'm not complaining any longer if it's free, right?

Got it back mid-september after 6 weeks. Felt like a year.... but entire E2E service was free, did I mention that

Phone is fantastic. No other words for it. I use it every day for work, basically it's on all day pretty much non-stop, either on charger (2-port Portapow 3.5A Dual USB charger, one of the 2 that properly fast charges both phone and pad simultaneously). Always doing CorporateExchange and 4 Gmail accounts, Calendar, Gtasks or Supernote, Camscanner for whiteboards, audio recorder so I can remember meetings. Dropbox integration is flawless. Solid as a rock, no crashes or FCs at all.

I don't root the device as over the years I've found that this -in itself- causes issues, and even the best non-official ROMs all seem to have glitches and make phones less stable than official ROMs. I need a stable reliable phone above all else so I give up hacking functionality for that. Don't care, it just works

Don't care about single speaker. Why? It's just fine for speakerphone conference calls. Does the job. Ages ago bought cheap BT headset BH-503 off amazon for about 15GBP. They just work. Excellent quality stereo to my ears (great for movies using XBMC Beta build and BSplayer free), also doubles as handsfree outside if needed. Run for several days on and off. There are probably nicer ones by Bose but I'm too frugal for that

Bought Sony MEX-BT4100U CD/MP3 Player with Bluetooth head unit for car. Connects to phone soon as I start, push pause button and music plays from JetAudio. Stick PFI into cardock and autoruns CarHomeUltra for nice big icons on vertical screen. Push button for TomTom and she tells me which way to go, fading out my music and then fading it in again after the instructions.

In the meantime Timesheet tracks my work hours on projects triggered by wi-fi change. When I get home, WiFi Syncme
backs up my entire PFI storage to my laptop hard drive and copies whatever music I select for tomorrow to the phone.

Then I plug in one of my PQI Connect 32gb OTG sticks into the Pad and watch movies or tv series in hotel.

People whine and bitch, but I used to carry around 5 separate electronics to do all this a couple of years ago, and chargers/connectors etc. and here we have ONE phone which can handle all this, is totally reliable and requires one tiny charger.

This is one solid, high performing, reliable phone. Well worth the upgrade from PF2, and much better than Samsung products that I've seen and used. One unbreakable data connection (3g/LTE built into Pad via phone) means I'm always connected even when the other guys are whining about work wifi going down or having to find cafe to work at...

What more could I want? Maybe if it was 6ft thin and cute Blonde I'd have a wider grin, but really? Nothing.

Life is good Enjoy it!!!
troubadour
Tue Nov 12 2013, 12:07AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
I got an update for Padfone Station today, dunno what changes were made though. And nothing for the phone.

Build : JZO54K.WW_PadFone-10.6.9.33-0
Camera Firware Version : 71074
Padfone Station Firmware : I8562-p566-tW000800007-c0219
Touch Screen Version : C6-T0-V80
wholmen
Tue Nov 12 2013, 09:09AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1458
It's been a while since the last phone update? Does that suggest jump in android version soon?
troubadour
Tue Nov 12 2013, 09:58AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
Last update was on 18th September. I don't know if it means something, but at least it shows that ASUS is getting some work done for the PFI. I asked ASUS France about a possible upcoming update, still waiting for an answer (and doubting I'll be getting one)
Demelza
Tue Nov 12 2013, 01:08PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2177
troubadour wrote ...

Last update was on 18th September. I don't know if it means something, but at least it shows that ASUS is getting some work done for the PFI. I asked ASUS France about a possible upcoming update, still waiting for an answer (and doubting I'll be getting one)

You probably won't.

Asus France did not respond me, either on their Facebook or on their Twitter, and it's been like 3 weeks since I asked them.

And when I wrote to their customer service (through their website), all they could do was to apologize, saying that they "understand how I feel but there's no information about an update".

Too bad Asus France are so bad and do not take care of their customers. I've heard that Asus Sweden were good, at least.
magictime
Wed Nov 13 2013, 07:57AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1604
I emailed the complaints thing via their site.

"Now we are try our best to, and at this time we are unable to set a date for its release. Please stay tuned for more news on our support website. We will try our best to make it faster. It will directly update to 4.3. Thanks for your understanding."

I also suggested that they should just release a stock version of the latest version for users who care about just having the latest version and the tablet/phone changing thing, anyone else agree? Maybe if enough people bring it up they might notice it?
Demelza
Wed Nov 13 2013, 01:38PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2177
When I emailed them, I also asked if they could release AOSP for the Infinity. They said it wasn't possible, unfortunately.

But I also prefer AOSP, I don't really like manufacturer UI, even though Asus makes it look stock, at least.
troubadour
Fri Nov 15 2013, 11:11AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
I just got confirmation by ASUS France that an update to 4.3 will be deployed before the end of the year.
Cheers !
2 User said Thanks to troubadour for this post :
 radibg2 (15 Nov : 11:23) , Demelza (15 Nov : 13:42)
Shmeack
Fri Nov 15 2013, 01:24PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1353
Do you think these two are competing against the padfone?

ellipsis 7
Lenovo Yoga 8
Demelza
Fri Nov 15 2013, 01:43PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2177
troubadour wrote ...

I just got confirmation by ASUS France that an update to 4.3 will be deployed before the end of the year.
Cheers !

Let's hope they'll keep their promises this time.

I've still not been able to boot Cyanogen, so better official 4.3 than nothing.
mirak
Fri Nov 15 2013, 02:29PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #259
Shmeack wrote ...

ellipsis 7
Lenovo Yoga 8

padfone has no competitors
troubadour
Fri Nov 15 2013, 03:55PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
Shmeack wrote ...

ellipsis 7
Lenovo Yoga 8

Those can't be compared to the Padfone, as they're only tablets, the Padfone is a unique concept of both phone and tablet combined. Samsung was said to be developing a competitor, as some patent pictures were leaked on internet (see here http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/07/samsung-works-on-a-new-padfone-like-tablet/). But nothing coming out for the moment.
troubadour
Thu Nov 21 2013, 12:30PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
[Sorry in advance for double posting]

I got information from ASUS France that the Asus Padfone Infinity A80 will get Android Kitkat 4.4 during Q1 2014.

Cheers !
hoyin007
Thu Nov 21 2013, 01:13PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #30
I seriously doubt that, Asus has been known poor in customer service and update.

You can hope but prepared for disappointment!
Go to page  1 2 3 ... 16 17 [18]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF