Username:    Password:    Remember me     
Forums
Padfone Club :: Forums :: Padfone Forums :: Padfone General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
[poll] Padfone restart / shutdown. Anyone have this problem?
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
gogo2
Mon Apr 29 2013, 08:54AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1403

Did your Padfone restart/shutdown by itself before?

Yes, my padfone restart before.

No, my padfone never restart unless I restart it myself.

You do not have the required permissions to vote in this poll

Votes: 19
Hi all

Thanks for reading.

I just wonder anyone have the symptom of sometimes padfone will shutdown by itself or restart by itself?

Most of the time it happened when I use Chrome browser. If I use default browser, sometimes it just close the browser.

I notice most of the time I use Spotify in the background streaming music online. But sometimes it still restart without Spotify. Example is when a screen capture button on the keyboard is pressed. But it'll not restart if I do it again the next time.

Is this a normal thing happen to our beloved padfone? Is it our OS unstable?
gogo2
Mon Apr 29 2013, 09:10AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1403
Here is something I get from other forum:-
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-samsung-galaxy-nexus/231599-phone-restarts-itself.html

But that issue is JB 4.2 while ours are JB4.1.

However, I think its probably our OS issue.
JustinTan
Mon Apr 29 2013, 11:20AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #105
Not mine, however I don't use the keyboard dock. for almost a year, yes there've been a restart by itself, but not often, usually when some apps hangs or too much workload or heat. not more than 10 as i recall
gogo2
Mon Apr 29 2013, 12:28PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1403
JustinTan wrote ...

Not mine, however I don't use the keyboard dock. for almost a year, yes there've been a restart by itself, but not often, usually when some apps hangs or too much workload or heat. not more than 10 as i recall

Thanks for the reply.

Come to think of it, most of the restart seems like happened when dock to keyboard. Could it be the keyboard? ERM....
gasperk
Mon Apr 29 2013, 02:28PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #224
Mine has never restarts itself. But the browser constantly close by itself.
lotte
Mon Apr 29 2013, 02:30PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1443
Yes. I have random reboots (mostly when display is off) since update to JB (without dock and with dock). Furthermore Chrome and the browser shut down frequently but do actually not cause a restart. As soon as I have a little time I will reset my whole device and hope this will fix this anyoing issue, but I am afraid that it is a certain 3rd party app that causes the reboots.
gogo2
Mon Apr 29 2013, 02:44PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1403
gasperk wrote ...

Mine has never restarts itself. But the browser constantly close by itself.

Mine too. But for past 2 days, it seems to get stabilized. Default browser more stable. I uninstall and install back flash.apk. Not sure if that helps.

Message was editted at 02:44PM:

lotte wrote ...

Yes. I have random reboots (mostly when display is off) since update to JB (without dock and with dock). Furthermore Chrome and the browser shut down frequently but do actually not cause a restart. As soon as I have a little time I will reset my whole device and hope this will fix this anyoing issue, but I am afraid that it is a certain 3rd party app that causes the reboots.

I hard reset 2 times already. Its still the same. But maybe you'll be more lucky than me.

And yes. 3rd party like Spotify running in background I suspect is the culprit. So does the Adobe Flash APK for ICS which I install in JB.
lotte
Mon Apr 29 2013, 04:10PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1443
I have neither Adobe Flash APK nor Spotify installed. Following apps I installed are not that popular and might cause the issue (cause they run all the time):

- imo.im
- Locale
- Pure Grid Calender Widget
- Widget Locker
- OpenVPN

If hardreset does not solve the issue I will deinstall and install all these apps separate - lots of effort but I guess there is no other way

[ Edited Mon Apr 29 2013, 04:10PM ]
underwakers
Mon Apr 29 2013, 04:19PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #43
It used to happen to my phone all the time before and after JB update so I sent it back to ASUS twice 1st time didnt fix but 2nd time they did nd told me they had to replace the motherboard. This was in Taiwan
Stefano
Mon Apr 29 2013, 06:00PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #575
I think it was the DDS for me, because since I better checked the app to switch or not, the reboot stopped itself.
I hope this help...
Stefano
gogo2
Tue Apr 30 2013, 02:05AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1403
lotte wrote ...

I have neither Adobe Flash APK nor Spotify installed. Following apps I installed are not that popular and might cause the issue (cause they run all the time):

- imo.im
- Locale
- Pure Grid Calender Widget
- Widget Locker
- OpenVPN

If hardreset does not solve the issue I will deinstall and install all these apps separate - lots of effort but I guess there is no other way

Good luck. Do report back if this solve the issue by finding the culprits.

Message was editted at 02:02AM:

underwakers wrote ...

It used to happen to my phone all the time before and after JB update so I sent it back to ASUS twice 1st time didnt fix but 2nd time they did nd told me they had to replace the motherboard. This was in Taiwan

May I know what you mean by happen all the time? How is the frequency likes?

My reboot is totally random. Not that random actually. Reboot mostly happened when I surf net. The other time just press something I never press before and that is the screen capture button. It just froze and restart. AFter that, the button is usable again.

Message was editted at 02:05AM:

Stefano wrote ...

I think it was the DDS for me, because since I better checked the app to switch or not, the reboot stopped itself.
I hope this help...
Stefano

Yes, my reboot always in tablet/dock mode and never in phone by itself.

So Dynamic Display Switch could be the culprit here.

Did you turn off all DDS and then the reboot stopped? Or you turn on all DDS and the reboot stopped? Or did you turn on and off DDS for certain apps?
Stefano
Tue Apr 30 2013, 10:06AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #575
gogo2 wrote ...
[...]
Did you turn off all DDS and then the reboot stopped? Or you turn on all DDS and the reboot stopped? Or did you turn on and off DDS for certain apps?

The last one: I had all apps ON and it rebooted for itself quietly any times I docked station, then I turned all apps OFF and checked ON only the ones I really need in station. Since this no more reboot.
Ciao,
Stefano
1 User said Thanks to Stefano for this post :
 gogo2 (30 Apr : 11:39)
underwakers
Sun May 05 2013, 07:07PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #43
underwakers wrote ...

May I know what you mean by happen all the time? How is the frequency likes?

My reboot is totally random. Not that random actually. Reboot mostly happened when I surf net. The other time just press something I never press before and that is the screen capture button. It just froze and restart. AFter that, the button is usable again.

It happened mostly at random and when I wasn't using it. It could happen 3 times a day before the 1st fix nd maybe once every couple of days until I sent it back the second time. Got it back updated with JB nd never had a problem.
SparkyRih
Mon May 06 2013, 06:24PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
Random reboots seem to be a common Android issue... Every device I've owned untill now had these issues...

But I haven't had this issue for the past couple months on my PF so that's pretty nice
meuro86
Fri May 10 2013, 01:01PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1424
I have this problems with my padfone. When i listen music with power amp app and my padfone has 90% of battery power, sometimes it shutdown. I have files mp3 on my sd card, so i think that can be the problem or that power amp can cause the crash but this problem doesn't happen when battery power is under 90%.
I have a Jelly Bean firmware and with ICS i never have had casual shutdown. The only difference is that with ICS i had a sd card with 4 gb of memory while with JB now, i use an sd card with 32 gb of memory
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF